Social Media Specialist
As a Social Media Specialist for the Dr. Nina Ellis-Hervey /@BeautifulBrwnBabyDol Brand, you will develop and maintain a comprehensive social media strategy that defines how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all @BeautifulBrwnBabyDol brands and products.
NOTE: An effective comprehensive social media strategy will manifest itself in the form of a “road map” that can be used by all brands/departments within a company to develop section specific tactics. This offers a certain level of autonomy and creates opportunities for creativity.
More specifically, you will serve as a content provider for our Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages (posting to each 3 times per day by way of the Buffer app for scheduling posts) including but not limited to:
- Photos dedicated to fitness, natural hair, fashion, holistic healthy living, psychology and education.
- Photos will be provided by BeautifulBrwnBabyDol through a Google Drive and Flickr account, but the specialist should also take pictures of various approved subjects for postings.
- Specialist may also use royalty free/stock photos
- Motivational sayings or quotes (taken from Dr. Nina’s established YouTube or by other direct means from her).
- Stories related to fitness, natural hair, fashion, holistic healthy living and education.
- Videos related to the brand and its content.
- Other content relevant to the brand.
- Post specific items sent from Dr. Nina Ellis-Hervey within 8 hours of instruction or by specific time given.
- Photos and video clips supporting recap videos, blogs or marketing posts of Dr. Nina
NOTE: Dr. Nina will also post alongside the efforts of the specialist.
- Lead the development of organization-wide social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success
- Work with all BeautifulBrwnBabyDol and Dr. Nina brands to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns
NOTE: This is where internal communication skills and the ability to adapt come in. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working with administrators and executive level management to coordinate projects.
- BS/BA degree (or currently earning) from an accredited college or university and 2-4 years experience in advertising, communications, marketing, journalism or public relations, business and psychology (or related field)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles for both print and web projects (or willingness to learn).
- Ability to make use of the Dr. Nina brand journal and canva graphics to plan and execute social media postings.
- Ability to download preferred photo editing tools such as Facetune 2 and PicMonkey (etc).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A solid understanding of ethical search engine optimization techniques
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, Buffer, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and/or Social Mention.
- Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content related to (fitness, healthy lifestyles, natural hair and education, etc.] is preferred
- Experience developing and launching email and text messaging campaigns preferred
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously
- Ability to distinguish and behave with a good sense of decorum; acting as a brand ambassador is absolutely required
- Ability to take constructive criticism and provide it in a structured and respectful manner.
- Data, analytics, and metrics oriented
To be discussed with Dr. Nina Ellis-Hervey as there will be a trial period.
Other Specific Rules
The specialist is to abide by the following:
- No sharing of social media passwords of BeautifulBrwnBabyDol to ANYONE.
- No use of brand assets, platforms and platform assistants (i.e. Canva, Buffer, PicMonkey etc.) for personal gain/use.
- No use of non-brand specific colors, themes or materials.
- No posting of negative or self-serving information.
- All postings should be related to the brand and should not be related to any other business (etc.) unless relevant to the brand.
- No “high-jacking” (stealing of accounts and using for personal gain, spreading of rumors or defamation of character) of accounts with understanding that Dr. Nina Ellis-Hervey and BeautifulBrwnBabyDol LLC will seek legal recourse.
- 2 weeks notice if resigning position.
- Agree to abide by all of the above terms.